Environmental stewardship is a core value embedded in our business, strategy and governance structure. We bring together engineers, geologists, hydrologists and environmental specialists to develop the best methods to protect, restore and preserve land that countless people, ecosystems and wildlife depend on.
In 2018, we maintained a citation-free environmental inspection rate of over 98 percent from state and federal agencies. We are focused on protecting plant and animal habitats, water and air.
- Deploying systems to collect stormwater runoff for use in the production process.
- Capturing and recycling water throughout the production process.
- Using computerized plant control systems to manage and reduce water use.
- Partnering with government agencies to benefit local water levels and water quality.
- Enhancing dust suppression systems and plant designs to improve controls at transfer points.
- Protecting endangered and threatened species through robust habitat conservation plans.
- Managing our land and production process at our wildlife habitat sites to protect the environment from invasive plant species.
- Upgrading our blue-water ships and preventing transfer of invasive marine species.
- Protecting and preserving cultural and historic resources.
- Promoting environmental stewardship through training and education.
Coupled with our holistic approach to land management and commitment to sustainable operations, our commitment to the environment will continue to lead the industry while reducing our impact on the environment.