Established in 1988, the Vulcan Materials Company Foundation supports a wide range of vital community programs across the United States, with a focus on education and workforce development, environmental stewardship, and civic and charitable programs where our employees are deeply engaged. Our Matching Gifts Program uses company funds to match the charitable contributions of our employees on a one-for-one basis. In the case of donations to schools, we will match gifts on a two-for-one basis, which triples the impact. As a key employee benefit, gift matching is one of many ways we leverage the strengths and giving spirit of our own people with the strengths and business ethic of our company, to build and sustain positive, long-lasting relationships.READ MORE
Our charitable giving and support includes:
- Providing more than $58 million in Foundation support over the last 20 years to essential charitable, civic and education organizations that strengthen and enrich our communities.
- Granting $4.3 million in Foundation assistance to organizations in 2019.
- Donating additional non-Foundation company funds in excess of $1 million in 2019 to organizations and activities not eligible to accept 501(c)(3) Foundation funds.
- Providing $580,000 in company funds in 2019 to schools, hospitals, and medical research programs, as well as cultural and conservation organizations through the Company’s Matching Gifts program, which honors and supports our employees’ own contributions to such organizations.
- Donating more than $8 million over the last 20 years to match employee charitable giving and support employee volunteerism.